Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Sherri and Rheid's Most Excellent Washington DC Adventure Day 12

Day 12: June 15, Tuesday

Well, all good things must come to an end...it's time to get back to the real world. The 5:30 a.m. alarm was a most unwelcome sound but there was no time for lollygagging. I had an hour and a half to do my breathing treatments (yes, only did half), take a shower, make myself presentable, and eat breakfast so we could catch our SuperShuttle out front of the hotel. Can I just say that I might need a vacation from my vacation???

Got to the airport with oodles of time to spare before our 10:40 flight. Turned out to be a good thing too because I became the poster child for "how to have every security precaution done to you in line." I was visually inspected, wanded, given a full body pat-down (yes, that was a thrill), hand wiped for explosive residue, insulin pump taken off and residue checked, and O2 concentrator wiped down for residue. I guess I must look a bit shifty. :) Their security measures are much tighter there than in Denver I must say. I like to think I took one for national security!

Our flight home was smooooooth. After yesterday's adventure, I and my stomach felt grateful. Tried to catch some zzz's on board with limited success. We did have the funniest flight attendant ever. He was cracking jokes all during the safety procedures, take-off, and landing. For example, at take-off as the plane is hurling forward at warp speed he said, "Just sit back and relax--or lean forward and be tense. Do whatever you want to do, you paid for your ticket!" By the time we were up in the air, the whole cabin applauded his silliness. Our flight shaved over 20 minutes off the scheduled arrival time which is always good. And we had our cute chauffeur there to greet us as a bonus.

I am so thankful for the opportunity I had of spending time with Rheid in such an amazing place--he made it all possible and I am a very blessed wife. Thanks hun!

No comments:

Post a Comment