Sunday, June 6, 2010

Sherri and Rheid's Most Excellent Washington DC Adventure Day 1

Day One: June 4, Friday
Finally the day arrived, and off we went to catch our flight. Doing the drive-by drop at the curb, Christina’s job as chauffeur was complete. Since I mentally reviewed my packing list all the way there, I was slightly panicked when the tubing for the airplane concentrator was not the right one. Luckily the dual lumen set worked okay on the single port system. After all the craziness getting the right equipment, I couldn’t believe I almost screwed it all up with the wrong tubing. Disaster averted—now it was off to security.

Security turned out to be super easy…for me at least. Rheid put most of my medical stuff in his carry-on along with his laptop so he was the weakest link. We held up the line for a little bit but not too bad. By the time we got to the gate, we only had to wait for about 5 minutes before joining the lucky pre-boarding group…gotta get a few perks out of being gimpy. A third row window seat was my reward.

After a slightly bumpy flight, we embarked from the plane straight into what felt like a sauna. Can you say humid? Super hot and stuffy. Then it was off to our hotel on the SuperShuttle. First time I ever stayed in a hotel with bell hops which also translated into the first time I’ve ever paid someone to tote my bags to the room. Fun Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment