Monday, May 13, 2013

A mother's day gone to the birds...

I've decided that breakfast in bed is all about location, location, location.  A soft, feathery bed at a Hawaiian Hilton--good;  a plastic, adjustable bed at a Denver hospital--not so good.  But all things considered, I had a great Mother's Day.  Rheid came and spent the night on my couch allowing us to spend most of Sunday together reading, playing games, watching tv, and relaxing.  He left just before 7 p.m. since he knew my attention would shift to the Survivor finale I'd looked forward to all week.  I know, my priorities...  For Mother's Day he mounted a birdhouse/condo my dad made for me and planted a beautiful BigPink climbing flower at the base.  I can picture how beautiful it will become!  A Birdie Bed and Breakfast.

Christina came on leave from the Navy this week before beginning her new assignment in Norfolk, VA.  She surprised me with a 4:30 a.m. wake-up visit last Sunday.  I didn't get to spend much time with her but it was good to see she is doing well.

I'm on day 12 of admission and my health is improving.  After a week of IV's, my pft number went up to 27%. Wahoo!   It is so much easier walking around the unit and my O2 needs have gone down as well.  Three days ago my kidney function was compromised so they put the colistin on hold.  My little kidneys have never shown distress before so its been a bit disconcerting, and with the loss of Tobramyicin due to my ear toxicity, I don't have a lot of options left.  Not what I wanted to have happen.

My birdie condo with room for six!

Hopefully no snow will harm my new flower
and it will climb up up up.

As an incentive to move in, Rheid added
a squirrel-free feeder  to attract condo residents.

2 comments:

  1. Awesome bird paradise condos! Boo for the med issues, kidney problems are no fun at all - I will keep my fingers crossed for yours to get feeling better :) Sending lots of love your way, especially that you can go manage your bird condo in person soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there Sherri, you strong, courageous lady! Love the bird condo.

    Love you!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete