Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Drug dealers at the door...

Yep, you guessed it. My thanks-for-giving virus pushed me over the edge.  I am on IV's once again but no lengthy check-in at the Denver Bed and Breakfast. Yippee!  Instead I get to spend three lovely weeks of home confinement treatment doing 4 antibiotics round the clock.  It seems I'm either dripping fluids into my body, setting out fluids to warm so as to not shock my body, or eliminating fluids from my body.  My poor body.

My sinuses are full, my lungs are full, and my stomach is unsettled.  My lung function was down to 25% with lots of crackles and wheezes for added excitement.  Yesterday I had to bounce my prednisone up to 32 mg because I couldn't stop the twitchy coughing.  Each cough finished with a high-pitched squeak, which not only sounded but felt a bit disconcerting.  That part has improved today thank goodness.

But there are silver linings to this black cloud.  I'm grateful I caught a cold BEFORE a round of IV's and not after just finishing one.  The only thing worse than having to do three weeks of IV's is to have done it all for nothing.  I'm thankful I will be feeling better in time for Christmas and an important wedding coming up afterwards. I'm grateful my deductible is met.  I'm hopeful I will be able to keep up a good lung function into the first week of February when I will be seen again at Duke.

So when the doorbell rings and my dealer law-abiding delivery man drops off drugs, I will count my blessings...drop by drop.

2 comments:

  1. Hope you feel better soon! Sending love your way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you're all better and ready for Christmas. I had fun catching up on all your posts. Josh sure is a (grown up) cutie. Funny how everyone else's kids grow up just like ours do...

    ReplyDelete